Prev: Web Site Updated Next: Re: FT Competition

PBeM new tactics

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 15:37:16 -0500 (EST)
Subject: PBeM new tactics

Many of us here are used to playing on a table measure in inches.
It is rather amazing what happens once you go to large scales.

I'm involved in a PBeM game with a friend while developing perl
scripts to manage the whole thing.  One thing I've incorporated
is auto-sizeing the maps with ftmap.  (smallest X -30 units, smallest
Y -30 units, largest X +30...)	We no longer have the constraints
about what happens if you fly off the table edge.  I am definately
going to have to go to metric play when I play next.  I am currently
pushing 30MU/turn and it doesn't feel awkward or too fast at all.
I'm getting the maneuverability out of my FSE ships I expect.

Just an observation.

Roger

Prev: Web Site Updated Next: Re: FT Competition