Prev: Re: KV history/psychology - St. Jon has been reading minds again..... Next: RE: [GZG ECC] "The Umpire Strikes Back" - The Predators

Re: OK, what should I paint these blasted things?

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 07:07:02 -0500
Subject: Re: OK, what should I paint these blasted things?

>> I got a whole mess of DSII minis (AFVs and infantry mainly)
at last
>> years GenCon, and I'm finally getting around to painting
them.  Since
>> I'm in need some ideas, I was curious as to how all you
Gropos out
>> there in GZG Mailing List Land paint your DSII forces?

(The Independent Antarctic States forces mostly fight on ice
rather than the ground.  So instead of being ground
pounders--gropos--are they actually ice pounders--pronouced
"ickypoos"?)

Alarishi panzers are set for fighting in an airless environment,
by the light of an M star and a brown dwarf.  So they're black,
red, and light grey.  The problem with camo is that you're doing
your best to make the tank look like a nondescript blob that
fades into the background.  I'm thinking of making my next batch
a medium grey with dark red tiger stripes; the camo won't be as
effective as on the current batch, but I think they may look
better.  Besides a chameleon skin for your tanks is pretty much
a requirement for warfare in 2180, so you can paint them display
colors if you like.