Prev: Gaming Shops in San Diego area? Next: Re: FB2 Advanced orders: Address

Re: KV history/psychology - St. Jon has been reading minds again.....

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 00:05:07 +0000
Subject: Re: KV history/psychology - St. Jon has been reading minds again.....

>Fascinating. If I didn't know Jon and I hadn't talked about this, I'd
swear
>we were cribbing from the same sheets. His writing is almost (change
the
>names, project what he says into SG2 terms) what me and Los and Beth
had
>come up with. You been using the Orbital Mind Control lasers again, St.
>Tuffley?

Not so that you'd notice..... ;-)
Actually this is a case of finally getting round to writing down the
ideas
I'd had for the K'V for a long while - I've always intended them to have
some kind of berserker-mode and a "reversed" confidence system for DS
and
SG; I know I've discussed this some time ago with quite a few people,
but
can't recall if I've ever talked about it on-list or not. I'm glad that
it
fits in with what you've been devising, and yes, I'm sure we can share
ideas and have some cross-pollination (oo-er...) - remember, "great
minds
think alike, and fools seldom differ".... :-)

>Me and Carlos (Los) used a home brew set of rules for SG2 which
featured
>roughly the same type of model for KV society, though with Beth's
>criticisms, we made the Frenzy a little less likely to onset because
blind
>rage is rarely a survival attribute and if it only applied in the
>pre-history, it would have been bred out or ameliorated by the KV
develoment
>in their technological period.

Could I see the write-up of what you've done? [OFF-LIST please!]

Jon (GZG)

[snip]