Prev: [FT]Miniature sizes Next: RE: 3D graphic view of an area.

Re: [FT] Miniture sizes

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 20:23:04 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Miniture sizes

devans@uneb.edu wrote:
> As a side note, I recently picked up a rule set from 1977
> called Stellar Wars by Bruce Loren Miller (both designer attribution
> and copyright name) that used volume in ship design, and concluded
> with an offer that:
>
> 'If there are any ships not listed here that you wish to know about
> please send the ship and a sample of the material it is made of to
> the following adress(sic) and the...

	I just got a set of those myself.
	Makes you wonder if the fellow is calculating the
	volume by the mass.
	I was wondering if you could calculate the volume
	by displacement (i.e., put some water in a graduated
	cylinder, drop in the mini, and see how much the
	water rises.)
	Probably too hard to measure, though.

	Amusing concept.  Ship systems took up preset amounts
	of "cubic milimiters".	The volume of your ship mini
	told you how many cubic milimeters you had to play with.

Prev: [FT]Miniature sizes Next: RE: 3D graphic view of an area.