Prev: Re: [DS2] Walkers Next: Re: [GZG ECC] "The Umpire Strikes Back" - The Predators

Re: [DS2]-Command/Communications?

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 16:21:38 PST
Subject: Re: [DS2]-Command/Communications?

Actually, the way it was presented was, One C & C vehicle, plus another
one
or two lurking around in case, for redundancy. One gets canned, another
one
takes over.  This was a way proposed to avoid losing the ability to
rally
troops, since everything required to do so would still be on the table -

maybe it would just take an activation to bring the 2nd string QB on
line.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Aron_Clark@digidesign.com

Well my initial thinking on "multiple command vehicles to offset the C&C
confidence drop" was "no, I don't think so".  One overall C&C for the
entire
battle group.  Heck keep it simple.  Although, I don't see why you
couldn't
organize a battle group with multiple commands.  Each command would have
command vehicle and it's loss would effect only that command.  Maybe a
good
idea
for multi-player sides.  DS is pretty loose, even defined as "generic",
so
I'd
recommend any modifications which suit your setting.  Good luck - Aron

Prev: Re: [DS2] Walkers Next: Re: [GZG ECC] "The Umpire Strikes Back" - The Predators