Prev: Re: GMS...Sorry! Next: Re: The Awards Listing v 0.5 & Turkey hunting

Re: I DID IT AGAIN!!!

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 17:12:57 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: I DID IT AGAIN!!!

On  6-Mar-00 at 17:01, Popeyesays@aol.com (Popeyesays@aol.com) wrote:
> In a message dated 3/6/00 3:49:01 PM Central Standard Time,
> books@mail.state.fl.us writes:
>
> << Rule 1.  If it makes you the least bit nervous, don't do it.
>
>  The generic don't do X doesn't cut it because sometimes you
>  have little choice (you have MUCH greater control on a pull
>  cut than you do a push cut).
>
>  Roger
>   >>
> Ever work with a draw knife? You can't push that sucker. When working
with
> one set your feet firmly work without too much pressure and try NOT to

> disembowel yourself. It's amazing what one can do with a draw knife
-but it
>  is a little sobering to use one.

I started to mention that (I'm something of an old tools fanatic, I
even fail to finish enough projects I might qualify as a galoot(tm))
but I figured wood working was off-topic.

Draw knife, I much prefer a spokeshave.  And of course when you make
your tools Scary Sharp (another tm) care is required.

Of course, this is when I am not attempting to plaster cast terrain
features for various wargames.

Roger

Prev: Re: GMS...Sorry! Next: Re: The Awards Listing v 0.5 & Turkey hunting