Prev: [DS2] Pinning Turrets Next: Re: [GZG ECC] "The Umpire Strikes Back" - The Predators

Re: [DS2] Pinning Turrets

From: kwasTAKETHISOUT@o... (Kr'rt)
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 16:37:08 GMT
Subject: Re: [DS2] Pinning Turrets

Back in my Renegade Legion/Centurion days, I have had good success
with craft or seamstress pins.	Not the ones with the T-shaped dull
end.

You drill through the bottom of the tank up through the center of the
turret "cradle" and use the pin to mark where to drill in the turret.
The pins used should have a broad round head.  After trimming the
pointed end of the pin to fit, standard gap-filling super glue should
be used to affix the pin.  Glue the hole in the turret somewhat
sparingly. since you don't want to weld the turret down with goo.  A
trick would be to turn the turret every 30 sec so any spillover won't
bind the turret in place.

As for drill bits, I just used the X-acto super expensive pin set. :)
They have a good selection ranging from pin to paperclip in diameter.

-=Kr'rt  ("Kneel Before TOG")

Quoth "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@dscc.dla.mil>...