Prev: Re: That MP3 Soundtrack... Next: GMS vs Infantry

Re: GMS vs. Infantry

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 08:31:38 +0100
Subject: Re: GMS vs. Infantry

Thomas.Barclay wrote:

>2) GMS may have "switchable" warheads. Even a basic round >should be
considered HEMP.

OK so far...

>The operator will be smart enough to >toggle the switch to
>the right mode or load the round the right way.

...but, well... as our marketting people put it (most of them former
armour soldiers, BTW):

"If there are two modes of operation, there's a 50% chance the soldier
will pick the wrong one in the heat of battle. Murphy will ensure that
this 50% chance happens every time the weapon fires" <g>

'Course, highly-trained soldiers have a better chance to avoid Murphy -
but poorly-trained ones (definitely Yellow, and probably Green as well)
have a pretty good chance of picking the wrong option.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: That MP3 Soundtrack... Next: GMS vs Infantry