Prev: Re: Pod Racing Next: Re: Snow

Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q)

From: Jeff Miller <shadocat@p...>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 10:37:53 -0800
Subject: Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q)

Brian Burger wrote:

> > > So, Coy/Plt/Squad sturcture like this:
> > >
> > >	   CoyCmd
> > > Plt1   Plt2
> > >	|
> > > SqdA
> > > SqdB (for each Plt)
> > >

> > Sorry to jump in at this late date but I just saw this.  So
theoretically, given my
> > slightly modified diagram above, each of the four squads could get
six actions.
> > That's *quite* a force multiplier.
>
> If you cut the company down to two line platoons, and each plt down to
> only two line squads? Not really...
>
> A 3 Plt/3sqd Coy has 9 line squads and four HQ squads. Assuming all HQ
> squads do nothing but reactivate line squads and all Comm calls get
> through, you've got 34 total actions by my count.
>
> A 2x2 Coy has only 4 line squads and 3 HQ squads, and gets only 24
> activations.

OK, I wasn't proposing cutting the size it's just that the other units
weren't relevent
to the point I was bringing up.  They would get their own actions
reguardless.

I was thinking more about how effective a spearhead action by a group of
crack troups
could be and how valuable the HQ units are in general.

--

Jeff Miller
Program Director/Webmaster for Agamemcon IV

Burbank Airport Hilton	--  June 23-25, 2000
http://www.agamemcon.org

Contact Info:
92 Corporate Park Ste C-330
Irvine, CA 92606