Prev: RE: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario Next: RE: I wanna scenario

Re: FT/FB Clarifications

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 23:07:08 +0000
Subject: Re: FT/FB Clarifications

>Hello Esteemed Navigators and Weapons Analysts
>
>There is just a couple of things in the FB book I'd liked clarified.
>Under the VECTOR system you have half the Main Drive rating available
for
>the manoeuvering thrusters and you can still use all the Drive to alter
>velocity.
>The example about rolling the ship appears to contradict this. It says
that
>a thrust-4 ship that has 2 points available to alter facing (in this
case
>rolling and rotating) would only have 2 thrust factors available to
alter
>velocity.
>Also the VECTOR system says that you only need one point of the thrust
>factors to rotate a ship to any facing but the example of movement in
the
>paras on Rolling ships and Odd numbered thrust factors imply that it
costs 1
>point for each point of facing change.
>Now is this a mistake or are the above sections actually talking about
>Cinematic movement.

Both the examples you quote refer to using the rules for Cinematic -
sorry
if it isn't clear in the book!	;-)

>In the optional rule on Aft-arc fire it says that those weapon systems
with
>360 degree arc may only fire to the rear arc if the ship did not use
it's
>Main drive, presumably as it would be difficult to aquire targets due
to the
>interference from radiation and EM backwash (PSB) but does this also
apply
>to PDS and class-1 beams used in that role? If not, why not?

Well the intention of the rule is that PDS fire IS possible through the
rear arc evenm when the drives are in use; the PSB we usually use is
that
PDS (and Beam-1 used as PDS) fire is at pretty close range and the PDS
fire
directors can punch through the mush, while the main firecons can't get
lock on a more distant target through all the EM junk. Mind you, the
fighters would probably get pretty scambled themselves from flying in
through the drive wash.... ;-)

Jon (GZG)