Prev: Re: 3D FT Next: RE: I wanna scenario

RE: Modeling Honor Harrington Ships.

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 10:43:06 -0600
Subject: RE: Modeling Honor Harrington Ships.

***
I saw an airplane game called Mustangs and Messerschmitts played  using
pole and ring clamp arrangement.  Move the base for movement,  slid the
clamp up or down for altitude, rotate the clamp for pitch and yaw.  As
wedges, keep it simple, use a cube. Top and bottom of the cube are
protected
sides are not.
***

I think this was Russo's baby; McEwan has a similar game. I seem to
recall
hearing about some bad feelings about this. They may have worked
together,
then had a falling out. Again, relatively ancient history. Zocchi either
had something similar, or was distributing one.

I know that the 'base' in some of these games is fiendishly clever, with
a steering wheel in front that is marked for distance moved, and a
tiller
attached to indicate degrees of turning.

Dealing with the rules of how you gained or lost energy gave me a
headache
in the first ten seconds; something you don't have to consider in a
space
game.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: 3D FT Next: RE: I wanna scenario