Prev: Re: DS II Movement Next: Texas Game Expo

3D FT

From: "Thomas.Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 10:21:06 -0500
Subject: 3D FT

Idea:
Could you mount the ships either on a long threaded rod (steel or brass)
or
on a long unthreaded chunk of brass tubing? Either drill out the centre
of
the ship and glue a clamp to the bottom - the rod passes through and the
clamp locks the ship to the rod - or if using tubing, just whole the
tubing
in a bunch of spots so a metal pin or needle or something could be
thrust
through to support the ship. If you mount the ship on a clamp beside the
rod, you'd be wise to mount a black chunk of lead on the other side to
counter any offset weight. The bases would probably need to be 4" or
more
across to be totally stable. An idea like this might give you quite a
degree
of flexibility in terms of height levels(especially the threaded rod/nut
combination - just spin your ship to a higher level - lefty loosey,
righty
tightey).

OTOH, this is just a suggestion. I'm far to lazy to do this. 3D SG2 is
quite
enough of a challenge. If I need 3D in spaceships, I get the computer.

A Less Wyziwig way of doing this: Colour coded washers to put under the
ships. For example:
White means level 1, Red means level 2, etc. etc.
Lines of fire and ranges aren't literal then, but one can still do
limited
3d.

Tom.

Prev: Re: DS II Movement Next: Texas Game Expo