Prev: Re: GZG _West Coast_ Con - Coming Soon ... Next: Re: Modeling Honor Harrington Ships.

DS II Movement

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 23:52:08 PST
Subject: DS II Movement

I've been doing some thinking concerning the Base Movement Factor of
vehicles, and I've reached a couple of conclusions.

First, I don't understand why fast tracked vehicles move faster than
wheeled.  I can understand them being able to go places a wheeled
vehicle
can't, but not being able to go faster. I was under the impression that
track is inherently slower than a wheel.

Second, I have a problem with all vehicles of a given mobility type
having
the same Base Movement Factor. Shouldn't small, light vehicles be
faster, as
in real life (For the most part).

Therefore I came up with a couple of house rules, let me run them by you
all
and see just how weak my arguements are. Bear in mind, if you use rule #
2,
rule # 1 is superfluous.

1.  Switch the BMF's of wheeled and Fast Tracked vehicles

OR:

2. Alternate BMF System:

Class 1-5: Subtract the vehicles class from 6, and multiply the result
by
the following numbers to determine the BMF.

Low Mobility Wheeled: 6
High Mobility Wheeled : 6
Slow Tracked: 4
Fast Tracked: 5
Slow GEV's:6
Fast GEV's: 8
Grav: 8

For Class 6, subtract 1 from each of the above numbers. For class 7,
subtract 2.

Brian B

Prev: Re: GZG _West Coast_ Con - Coming Soon ... Next: Re: Modeling Honor Harrington Ships.