Prev: Also, shameless commerce division Re: Buffy and Triniity... Next: Re: Also, shameless commerce division Re: Buffy and Triniity...

Re: GZG ECC III Aftermath

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 10:04:44 -0500
Subject: Re: GZG ECC III Aftermath

Bren Mayhugh wrote:

> The Pog Racing was fun even if I completely had NO skill at the game.

    That's what makes it so much fun.  I've played at least a dozen
games of
Carabande and I still only came in third in points. <g>  It's just a fun
game to
play with 7 friends.  There is a little bit of skill involved, but for
the most
part, it's luck.

> Saturday Morning: The Umpire Strikes Back
>
> Really fun.  The terrain was great, the minis cool and the idea was
there.
> I played the Xenos (the Aliens) and had a ton of fun escaping with the
queen
> intact (after she took a plasma bolt to the back of the head - and
> survived).

    Don't forget the 2 SAWs that attempted to ventilate her cranium! <g>

> Pod racing - next year. (I have a few ideas on what
> you were talking about Mike - 11 hours gives you a bunch of time to
think
> about stuff).

    Yeah, I only had four hours to think, but it was enough to realize
that I
agree with what you were saying in the House of Pizza.	You were right,
having
the learning curve for the game that steep makes it more realistic.
Having all
of the crashes makes it more fun. <g>
    Based on your observations, and some comments from JP, I think I'm
going to
keep the rules intact.	Although, if anyone has any ideas, please, send
them to
me.  I'm just going to change the penalty for killing yourself.  Instead
of the
minor penalty of a 2-gate set-back, I'm thinking of reinstating one of
the rules
we discarded from a previous playtest.	If you wipe out, you start the
next turn
at the gate behind the last place pod.	For each gate that you are set
back, you
may "repair" one hull box.  You don't get any of your systems repaired
for
"free" and you don't get back any junk.  I'm also looking at some ideas
for pit
repairs.

> -Bren
> (GZG-ECC "Rookie of the Year")

    With that title comes some responsibility.	Last year's ROTY ran two
games
at this year's con. <g>

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"Tradition refuses to submit to the small and
 arrogant oligarchy of those who merely happen
 to be walking about."
 -G.K. Chesterton