Prev: Re: AI Next: Re: Robots and Drones in SG2.

Re: Stargrunt II FAQ

From: Henrix <henrix@p...>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 22:37:43 +0100
Subject: Re: Stargrunt II FAQ

Great idea compiling a SGII FAQ!
Here is something to include in the FAQ in view of recent discussion:

Can a command unit use both its actions to reactivate a subordinate unit
twice
in the same round?

One command unit may use one action to reactivate a single subordinate
unit, or both its actions to reactivate two DIFFERENT subordinate units.
Each subordinate unit may only be reactivated once by its immediate
command
unit per turn, UNLESS the command unit is itself reactivated by a
higher-level command unit. (Jon Tuffley, 24 February)

The question about whether GMS can fire at infantry, though, does not
make
things any clearer for poor, stupid, me. I have read and reread p.40
without
really getting anywhere! (Sorry if I cover old ground for the list,
but...)
Am I to suppose that means that a GMS firing should roll Quality die and
Guidance die against Range? What Range die? Ordinary Heavy weapons have
range band of 12" (for a size one target, as a squad is said to be), but
a GMS
does not normally have a Range band. Should we treat the GMS/L or H as
having
12" Range band if mounted, while letting the GMS/P do with the ordinary
range
band of the squad?

--
Henrix

Prev: Re: AI Next: Re: Robots and Drones in SG2.