Prev: Re: AI Next: Re: Modeling Honor Harrington Ships.

Re: AI

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 18:51:39 +1000
Subject: Re: AI

Beth Fulton wrote:

> >You don't have to have something much smarter than an ant, or at best
> >frog, to be really useful.
>
> Though not military AI I know of a lot of work on AIs (for robot
> navigation) which are currently underway and based on
ants/bees/various
> other insects/owls/toads and a hedgehog (that one's got me stumped
too).

Didn't know about the Hedgehog. Mammals are complex, orders of magnitude
of orders of magnitude (not a misprint) more rich and complex in
behaviour than amphibians. I suspect they're only modelling one small
instinctive facet of its behaviour.
Any URLs handy?

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: AI Next: Re: Modeling Honor Harrington Ships.