Prev: Re: NBC Next: Re: Re AI, was NBC

Re: Modeling Honor Harrington Ships.

From: bbrush@u...
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 21:30:52 -0600
Subject: Re: Modeling Honor Harrington Ships.

I tried to send this last night, but there seems to have been a mail
server glitch.  If it doesn't go through this time I'll chalk it up to
fate.

At 12:05 AM 2/28/00 +0000, you wrote:

>Actually I was talking to my friend who is setting up his own business,

>yesterday. He's David Dunn of DLD productions, that just released the

>Space Station 2000. He is working up other products as we speak. So I

>wondered out load what it would take to get a licenses to do the Honor

>Harrington stuff. I looked inside the cover of the latest book and
David

>Weber owns all the rights, not Bean. So my friends and my thought would

>be to contact Mr. Weber about a license, if there was enough interest.

>So I ask you, is there enough interest?

I hesitate to even bring this up, but.. here goes.

I have talked to Mr. Weber (hereafter referred to as David), about a
mini's game based on the HH universe, and I have to say he was pretty
particular about what such a game would have to involve.  I won't go
into specifics about it, but suffice to say no game currently out could
even come close to the detail he considered necessary.  I don't know
how receptive he would be to just licensing the miniatures concept he
would be.  My gut tells me he would not want to do it without an
attached game to drive sales.

From my conversations with David, I get the impression (this is totally
my own impression), that the HH universe is kind of his favorite child
and he's pretty protective of it.

If you can get the license for the ships, then I would say there would
be an overwhelming demand for them, but I'm not sure that, that would be
sufficient ammunition to convince him to do it.  Money isn't really
much of a motivation for him at this point.

Good luck

Bill

Prev: Re: NBC Next: Re: Re AI, was NBC