Prev: Re: GZG ECC III - My limited perspective Next: RE: Modeling Honor Harrington Ships. (More T-shirts)

RE: Gothic Thrust Redux (and ECC T-shirts)

From: "Davis, Jonathan E (CRD)" <davisje@c...>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:35:24 -0500
Subject: RE: Gothic Thrust Redux (and ECC T-shirts)

John (and the rest of the List)

Thanks again for the great art work on the GZG-ECC III T shirts.
The T shirts were very well done.  I believe some are still
available.  You'd have to ask Nick Caldwell.

The URL for the Gothic Thrust variant is at:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/davisje/ft/gothic.html

I can e-mail you the current SSD sheets, but they are slightly
out of date after the modifications that Jim Bell suggested for
the torpedo systems and the fighter/bomber ordnance.

The variant has definitely improved greatly since Mark Seifert
tried the rules at a convention many months ago.  It's worth a
second look, Mark.

Post ECC thoughts....  (yes I can still think clearly.)

My thoughts on the Gothic nova cannon is to take into account
the quality of the ship's crew for accurate placement of the
template.

Before ship movement, indicate a vector and distance from the
firing ship for the Nova blast.  Place the template at the
location specified and make a Leadership roll.	A successful
roll maintains the template placement.	An unsuccessful roll
deviates the template randomly proportionally to the amount of
the failure.  (Say, 1-3 cm per missed number....)

How does this sound, Jim or Tom?

Jon "random shuffling" Davis

"Lock on to the Styx, Styx, Styx!"
"Are you stuttering, sir?"