Prev: Re: Life After Lancaster - They Fought Like Spartans Next: Re: NBC

Re: Stargrunt II FAQ

From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 14:21:30 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Stargrunt II FAQ

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Steve Pugh wrote:

> > Okay folks, I've posted the Unofficial Stargrunt II FAQ v0.5
> >
> > http://stargrunt.virtualave.net/faq/index.html
> >
> > Please everyone, have a read and suggest away. Also, if there is an
> > answer in the FAQ that you find to be yours and it's unattributed
> > (which at this stage, most are) please send me an email so I can
> > credit accordingly.
>
> Right, I'll fill in the long standing gap in the GZG Meta-FAQ.
>
> One thing, you have a few instances of <font
> face="Symbol">&#211;</font> in the code to produce copyright symbols.
> Not a good idea as not everyone has the Symbol font installed (when I
> fist visited the site I saw acute accented capital 'O's instead). Why
> not just use the &copy; entity refereence instead?

even simpler, why not use the (c) combination that is universally
recognised on the internet as being the copyright symbol? i'm not sure
whether all browsers will handle &copy; although i expect these days
most
will (otoh, try finding a browser which will handle the greek-character
escapes like &alpha;).

tom

Prev: Re: Life After Lancaster - They Fought Like Spartans Next: Re: NBC