Prev: Re: how do untreated casualties work? Next: [DSII] Bri's FMA system

More Timeline Stuff, Hopefully Less Controversial

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 11:10:58 PST
Subject: More Timeline Stuff, Hopefully Less Controversial

Ok, here's a question I raise for those on the list who dwell at
latitudes
with the letter S after them:

I am still working on my own timeline/gameverse.  Since youth, I have
been a
great admirer, perhaps even a bit of a nut, about things Australian, and
a lesser extent, things Kiwi.  I plan on having several worlds populated
by
colonists from those two nations, probably  colonists who fit the
American
stereotype of Australians, or at least the one I grew up with - tough,
resourceful people with a strong independent streak.

My question is, can I get some suggestions for good names for such
worlds?
Perhaps the names of early explorers or white discoverers of those
countries, or original aborigine/maori names for those lands, or  things
of
that nature. I figure, if in my storyline the planets are named by
Aussies
and Kiwis, why not have them named thusly in real life?

I am sure I'll get SOME response about this, I've also noticed that
those
two cultures are not shy about expressing their opinions. (a good
quality
IMO) Thanks in advance.

Brian B

Prev: Re: how do untreated casualties work? Next: [DSII] Bri's FMA system