Prev: Re: EFSB Support Web site Fixed?????????????? Next: Re: how do untreated casualties work?

Re: Radar, sonar and more

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 10:01:34 -0700
Subject: Re: Radar, sonar and more

>The information I'm getting is helping ... especially
>when it comes to the sonar question.
>
>About the radar, I'm looking for some (potential)
>natural occurring atmospheric disturbance that could
>prevent the use of radar.
>
>For instance, our intrepid explorers have just entered
>an unknown atmosphere and discover that, for some
>reason, their radar doesn't function properly. Is
>there even the remote possibility that could happen?

Sure. A high level of atmospheric ionization could do that.
Atmospheric turbulence with large temperature gradients
could, as well, depending on the radar frequencies in use.
For example, in the vicinity of a volcano or other *large*
geothermal feature on an otherwise cold planet.

- Sam
Samuel Reynolds
Full Thrust at Spinward Stars: http://www.spinwardstars.com/ft/
Armageddon Outfitter: http://www.primenet.com/~reynol/gaming/war/ao/
Reynolds Virtual Workshop: http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com, samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: Re: EFSB Support Web site Fixed?????????????? Next: Re: how do untreated casualties work?