Prev: Re: Radar underwater Next: Radar underwater

Re: Radar underwater

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 18:38:15 -0700
Subject: Re: Radar underwater

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:54:14 +1000, dadams@parracity.nsw.gov.au writes:
>G'day all.
>
>Beth commented about sonar underwater (thermocline and other fun
things). What
>is the effects of Radar underwater?
>
>Because SGII/DSII vehicals can operateate under or on water, would
these
>vehicles need dedicated sonar, or use their standard radar?

I believe that water absorbes radar quite well.  One of the reasons
modern subs don't use it, except on the surface.  In fact, water does
a number of most EM radiation.	Radio doesn't work under water, etc.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: Re: Radar underwater Next: Radar underwater