Prev: Re: TBP/EFSB Support site updated Next: Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q)

Re: Radar, sonar and more

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 16:13:19 PST
Subject: Re: Radar, sonar and more

How about very violent and frequent electrical storms? Or dust storms
carrying high volumes of highly ferrous particles? or  lot of mountains
around with a lot of iron in them - there are places on earth where the
mountains are so full of iron, radar and radio communications are very
hindered. I'm no expert, but these are my thoughts...

Brian B

----Original Message Follows----
From: Cleats Balentine <kevinbalentine@yahoo.com>

About the radar, I'm looking for some (potential)
natural occurring atmospheric disturbance that could
prevent the use of radar.

For instance, our intrepid explorers have just entered
an unknown atmosphere and discover that, for some
reason, their radar doesn't function properly. Is
there even the remote possibility that could happen?

Prev: Re: TBP/EFSB Support site updated Next: Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q)