Prev: Re: Radar, sonar and more Next: Re: Lancaster Bound - See you there!

Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q)

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:40:53 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q)

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Roger Books wrote:

> On 24-Feb-00 at 09:19, Ground Zero Games (jon@gzg.com) wrote:
>
> > One command unit may use one action to reactivate a single
subordinate
> > unit, or both its actions to reactivate two DIFFERENT subordinate
units.
> > Each subordinate unit may only be reactivated once by its immediate
command
> > unit per turn, UNLESS the command unit is itself reactivated by a
> > higher-level command unit.
>
> So, with two levels of command no the board.

So, Coy/Plt/Squad sturcture like this:

     CoyCmd

Plt1   Plt2   Plt3

SqdA
SqdB
SqdC (for each Plt)

> Squad A takes two actions
>
> Platoon Cdr reactivates two squads, so Squad A takes
> another two actions
>
> Company Cdr reactivates Platoon Cdr, Platoon Cdr reactivates
> Squad A, Squad A takes two actions.
>
> Company Cdr skips a level on the chain and reactivates Squad A,
> Squad A takes two actions. [corrected this w/ your other email]

No, because CoyCmd's re-activation of Plt1's Cmd and Plt1's re-atv of
Squad A are taking place 'at the same time', so SqdA is busy listening
Plt1, not CoyCmd.

CoyCmd can re-activate two platoon Cmds, though, each of which can
re-activate two squads. This means four line squads and all three Cmd
units will move/activate at the same time.

> After all is said and done Squad A has taken 8 actions during
> this turn.

Only 6. It's own 2, Plt1's re-act (2) and CoyCmd-Plt1's re-act (2 more)
for 6.

CoyCmd & Plt1's Cmd can't both re-activate SqdA at the same time.

It's still berzerking (esp. for PA) but the Cmd officer types are
putting
a lot of effort into making this one unit thunder onward. Six is also
only
theoretical - bad die rolls on Comm checks happen, and ECM is always
entertaining. (In a game big enough to have CoyCmd on-table, I'd expect
at
least a couple of ECM techs somewhere...)

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

Prev: Re: Radar, sonar and more Next: Re: Lancaster Bound - See you there!