Prev: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs? Next: Re: NBC

Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

From: sportyspam@h...
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:36:54 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Michael Sarno wrote:
> >   Game balance is the primary concern.  If the game doesn't work, it
isn't
> > fun and there isn't any point playing it.  To take this to an
extreme,
> > imagine a weapon that kills everything on the enemy force when
triggered.
> > Okay, roll to see who goes first... trigger weapon... win.	Did you
> > have fun?  The 5 second game.
>
>     Again, this is a scenario design issue.  Using your argument, it
would seem logical
> that tactical nukes don't exist.  However, they do exist, we just
don't see them often
> because they would make for a lousy game.

  Sure, they don't fit the scale of the game.  You do see them in
Starcraft.  Playing 'spot the dot' to try and kill the enemy ghost
before
the nuke locks onto target isn't a lot of fun though, hehe, but on the
flip side, watching an entire enemy strike force vapourize to a well
placed nuke is.  :)

> >   Certainly using comrades, or enemy's, weapons is a nice little
dramatic
> > flair we see in movies.  I wouldn't say it occurs in the vast
majority
> > though, and it's usually the hero that does it.  The G.I. Plain
Janes
> > doen't get enough camera time to waste watching them spend 5 seconds
> > swapping weapons.
>
>     Picking up a SAW isn't just something for films and TV.  It's a
fact of modern
> combat and will most likely to continue to be a fact.

  Actually, I've been arguing that humans on the battlefield at all
won't
continue to be a fact, let alone swappable guns.  :)

Prev: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs? Next: Re: NBC