Prev: Re: NBC Next: TBP/EFSB Questions, Jon?

Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q)

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:16:35 -0500
Subject: Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q)

Thomas Pope wrote:

> Ground Zero Games wrote:
> >
> > ... My initial reaction was to say no, but on thinking it over I
really don't
> > see why not - provided you limit it strictly to the chain of
command, the most
> > activations any single squad can get is equal to the number of
command levels
> > on the table, which will almost never exceed three (squad, platoon,
company).

> The only danger I've seen with this ruling is that a squad of fast
power armor
> can really clean up if it's activated three times.  I've seen them
travel almost
> the length of the table in those three activations...
>
> Ture, it's a rare circumstance, but can knock a game severely out of
whack when
> it happens.

    But the officers are spending an awful lot of time coordinating that
PA move, so
it's not all that difficult to argue that it should be allowed.  We were
talking
about this around here over the past day or so.  Last night, we made the
house rule
that you a leader could only transfer two activation during his
activation if they
went to two different units.  This eliminates most cases of abuse.  Now,
we're still
wrestling with the problem of having independent leader figures
transferring actions
outside of the chain of command.  I'm just not sure what the best way to
handle this
would be.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"Tradition refuses to submit to the small and
 arrogant oligarchy of those who merely happen
 to be walking about."
 -G.K. Chesterton

Prev: Re: NBC Next: TBP/EFSB Questions, Jon?