Prev: Re: Final Uploads for GZG-ECC III Next: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q)

Re: [SG] at 15mm

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 22:04:26 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] at 15mm

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:38:46 -0800, Aron_Clark@digidesign.com wrote:

>Thought I'd give SG a shot at 15mm, I'm thinking that the simple
conversion
>would be from inches to centimeters.
>I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to terrain,
specifically
>buildings.  Are there any manufactures which make them, any tips
>for scratch building them?

Check out some modeling companies. There are a couple that do resin and
plaster ruins for dioramas in HO scale. They are good for ruined
buildings.
For unruined buildings... well, there aren't an awful lot. Some of the
Armorcast stuff, like their cathedral, in 28mm would work in 15mm.

Otherwise scratch build. I use foamboard (or foamcore, basically plastic
foam
board sandwiched between two thin sheets of styrene or plasticized
bristol
board). If you look, you can find foam board with black foam. This stuff
cuts
well and glues with model glue. I'm sure others can give specifics for
making
foam core buildings and making them look good. The GW terrain book has
some
good tips.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: Final Uploads for GZG-ECC III Next: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q)