Prev: Re: NBC Gear, Harsh Climate Gear, Vacc Suits, Etc Next: Re: WAS: Re: Alternate history BUT discussing Canada and stuff(OTish)

Re: Georgia in winter

From: Chris Connor <con9570@f...>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 20:49:04 -0800
Subject: Re: Georgia in winter

I live in oregon and love it, the last few days have been absolutely
wonderful.  sunny and 60's, saturday I went to anthony lakes ski park.
didn't ski but I was hanging out with my friends and watching people try
and
amke a jump and crash.	Then me and my friends proceeded to to climb up
a black
diamond run.  We went up to the top of the mountain a nice hike through
about
64" of snow.  I was wearing jeans a sweater and a light jacket.  temp
was 8
degrees farenheit.  when we got to the top we hiked down another ski
slope,
occasionally rolling down parts of the hill.  It was a lot of fun, even
though
my jeans had gotten soaked and then frozen solid and I couldn't feel my
legs.
personally I like the cold, and I don't particularly like the heat.
heat is
natures way of saying "but AC" or "go swimming."  Its all a matter of
personal
temperature tolerance and opinion.