Prev: Re: Full Thrust game report Next: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

From: JohnDHamill@a...
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 15:59:30 EST
Subject: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

In a message dated 2/20/00 7:55:33 AM Central Standard Time,
thomas.anderson@university-college.oxford.ac.uk writes:

<< could someone explain this to me? why exactly would the maritimes
seek to
 join up with the celtic british states? i'm not even sure that the
celtic
 british states would join up amongst themselves, let alone want to hook
up
 with ex-canadians (no offence to putative ex-canadians!). are there any
 Scots, Irish or Welsh listers who would like to comment?

 tom >>
There is a history going back a long way of inter-celtic cooperation
among
the three provinces, during Robert the Bruce's attempt to gain freedom
for
Scotland, his brother, Edward, went to Ireland and sought to become High

King, with the blessing of the then current O'Neal. The idea was to
unite the
celtic peoples, or at least those who could claim some sort of celtic
heritage, into a united front against the Norman dominated England.
Unfortunately for the idea, Edward died, due mostly to his extreme
impetouosness, but if he had lived, and suceeded, the history of the
British
isles might have taken a quite different turn. There only has to be a
resurgence of Celtic identity among the people of Ireland, Scotland, and

Wales, and you could easily have this sort of thing happening.

John
JohnDHamill@aol.com

Prev: Re: Full Thrust game report Next: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)