Prev: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long) Next: Re: Where's the Cheese?

Re: Where's the Cheese? AND new 25mmGZG Halftrack!

From: agoodall@i... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 02:06:04 GMT
Subject: Re: Where's the Cheese? AND new 25mmGZG Halftrack!

On Sat, 19 Feb 2000 17:47:04 +1000, "Glover, Owen"
<oglover@museum.vic.gov.au>
wrote:

>Taking it even further in cheesiness, I've seen guys try to argue that
since
>they have 6 riflemen with FP 3 rifles that they are wasting the fire of
two
>of them (6xFP3=18 but they only get a d12) so they wish to fire 4
rifles in
>one action and then use a second action to fire the other two!!

This is allowed by the rules. Okay, so you consider it cheesy.
Personally, I'd
allow it and don't consider it cheesy.

Here's why I don't think it's cheesy: if you disallow split fire like
this,
your opponent has an easy way around it. He does a reorg action to
detach part
of the squad. He can now have his squad split exactly as he wants in
your
example, albeit with limitations to movement. He then uses one action
each to
fire the two parts of his squad in exactly this manner. The only
difference is
that now he doesn't have to make both parts of his squad maintain unit
integrity.

Since you can split a squad and get the same result, I don't see why you
need
to outlaw the player from doing it without first splitting the squad. It
seems
somewhat logical, actually.

This really is only an issue when using big squads. Large squads have
the
advantage in that they take more losses to lose morale levels. Small
squads
have the advantage of having more actions. You can always create
scenarios
with smaller squad sizes to do away with this problem.

And I really don't think your opponent's "cheese" is that big of an
advantage.
Use his interpretation against him and drop suppression markers on him.
Once
he has to start removing suppression markers, his ability to split fire
like
that goes away or is limited.

Again, it's a matter of interpretation of the spirit of the rules. But
I'd
allow it, and wouldn't hold it against anyone trying to do it.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long) Next: Re: Where's the Cheese?