Prev: Re: Where's the Cheese? Next: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

RE: SG2 newbie Q

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 23:21:04 +1000
Subject: RE: SG2 newbie Q

Hi Mike,

I don't know if we need to make too much of the time scale. Jon T states
in
his first chapter "....the game turn may be safely assumed to occupy one
or
even several minutes of elapsed time. If it is necessary....treat each
full
turn as....5 minutes." He's also talked about this on the list more than
once and really the time isn't necessarily going to be a consistent
quantity
on the game board.

Also, I'm not sure if comparing the time/scale of an administrative move
the stop/start nature of a fire fight; which is what the SG game is
meant to
be. The forced march which you were referring to will have likely taken
place on the way to the place of the battle (which is the game table).

A lot of rules use admin moves and some of them are way over teh top. In
WRG
Ancients 7th ed normal infantry can move 80paces/2 inches in an
Approach/tactical move but can move 480paces/12 inches in a March move.
Anyway, in our games of SG we rarely see march moves employed.

Cheers,

Owen G

LOTS OF SNIP