Prev: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long) Next: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 21:50:58 -0500
Subject: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

>No, matters are not settled until I accept your apology and
express my
>sincere hope that whatever caused you to be on pain medication
heals
>quickly. Now they're settled.

Drat, and I was hoping for a duel, maybe two Islamic Federation
faction fleets squaring off--Oerjan can testify that combination
produces a high casualty rate.

Meanwhile, I'd have to say that I was not on narcotics, and I
too didn't think it was plausible for the Native Americans to
control a significant portion of the US other than the
reservations.  I wouldn't want a full explanation on the list's
bandwidth, but if you're going to post something that unlikely,
you might mention that you recognize it's unlikely but you have
a good explanation.  I know, I know, you gave your web site, and
I didn't read your post closely.

While not directly connected, the fact that we're discussing
Alternate American History makes this seems like a good time to
repeat a (paraphrased) rant from John Atkinson:

There Are Others Out There.
The world, when last seen, is not limited to Anglo/Americans,
the NAC is not the only Major Power from which your Hardy Band
of Rebels  can break away, and we don't need a reprise of Moon
is a Harsh Mistress, the American Revolution, or even the War
Between the States (which Yankees and others sometimes refer to
as the American Civil War).  We need to hear how the Tamils got
their own planet, or the revolt of the Hindus on Kshatriya
against the ESU government and how they manage without brahmins
(or how they get them to make the voyage to the planet), or the
relations between the various sects and tribes on the PAU's
Sahel, or how the Finns of Sisu get along with the
Johnny-come-lately Micronesian and Spanish settlers.

Prev: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long) Next: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)