Prev: Re: Georgia in winter Next: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 16:28:13 PST
Subject: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

Since my post and the criticism of it have engendered responses from
others
now, I suppose I should speak up for myself as well.

First of all, let me preface this by reminding them that even though
this is
not "Fantasy" as they call it, it IS FICTION.... and fiction has to do
with
events we MAKE UP.

As to the impossibility of my timeline, let's remember a couple of
things.... this doesn't all happen Next Tuesday. A lot of my timeline
depends on certain events happening over a very long course of time.
Things
change over time. Demographics, geography, all sorts of changes happen.

Secondly, I must admit I worded my post poorly.  By given back to the
Indians, I never meant to imply that it was at the cost of displacing
others. In fact, the very objection made was taken into account by me.
admit you could not know this just from a cursory glance at my post, but
on
the other hand, NO ONE EVER ASKED.... if they had raised their
objections
more graciously, I might have beenm willing to present them with a more
detailed timeline that actually justifies events as I present them.

But opinions are personal property, and everyone has a right to one.
What I
most strongly object to is the fact that now it seems others are
misunderstanding what *I* actually said in the first place, since it
never
mentioned a "Million man army of occupation."  Go ahead and criticize me
for
what I've said,m but not for what I haven't.

Brian B