Prev: [AD] Painted ESU fleet for sale Next: Re: SV: [FT] Fighters

SV: [FT] Fighters

From: "Sindre Cools Berg" <cobos@s...>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 16:32:55 +0100
Subject: SV: [FT] Fighters

wrote:
> > personally like the idea, and will probably use them in my next
> campaign
> > game, although i will be upping the price a bit.
>
> I guess if you force bases it wouldn't be that bad, but I'm just
thinking
> my current campaign.
>
> I'm bringing in 6 fighter squadrons on 2 CVL's and a BDN, I also have
> a missile cruiser (10 SMR).  I don't know what my opponent has but
> I know he outpoints me by about 30%.	If I had FTL fighters I would be
> adding 12 squadrons to the mix from the two jump-point connected
worlds.
> It makes carriers rather superfluous.
Actually I would say not necissarily, as you still have to at least
reload
the Torp fighters and probably the endurance for all the fighters... But
you
would then only need 1 carrier and just make sure that one survives...
But
if we look at the Star Wars universe the FTL capable fighters there
can't
sustian more than a few jumps before their fuel runs there too...So some
sort of base of operations is necissary regardless...

> That would be a major difference and I would probably trounce him as
> he has very little in the way of fixed defenses that connect to the
> contested world for fighters of his own.
>
> Roger

Sindre

PS: Did that make any sense ?

Prev: [AD] Painted ESU fleet for sale Next: Re: SV: [FT] Fighters