Prev: Re: Climate Next: Re: Georgia in winter

Re: [FT] Fighters

From: JohnDHamill@a...
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:05:12 EST
Subject: Re: [FT] Fighters

In a message dated 2/17/00 8:20:34 AM Central Standard Time,
books@mail.state.fl.us writes:

<< > FTL packs - To allow fighters to enter or exit the board via FTL

 Hmmm, I don't really like this idea.  If I were playing a campaign
 I would scrap almost all my ships and spend the points on fighters
 with FTL packs instead.  The cost goes way down even at an extra
 2 per fighter.

 Roger

In a campaign game, you could simply state that FTL packs for fighters
were
one or two use items, and then had to be thrown away. Imagine having to
buy
your FTL drives over and over again...not a pretty picture. Also, they
would
have to buy extended life support, not the measly extended combat
duration
that they can buy now. I think the true use of FTL packs for fighters,
especially in a campaign game, is as a way of quickly getting around
systems.
Think about it, you bring in your carriers, to the unpopulated outer
system,
launch your fighters, equipped with FTL packs of course, and they do FTL

assisted raids into the inner system... Nice.
On the other hand, you can equip some of your defensive fighters with
them,
so you have quick reaction forces to defend anything in your system. I
personally like the idea, and will probably use them in my next campaign

game, although i will be upping the price a bit.

John
JohnDHamill@aol.com

Prev: Re: Climate Next: Re: Georgia in winter