Prev: Climate Next: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

Re: Climate

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 01:11:07 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Climate

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay wrote:

> ** Pah, shows how wimpy most folk from the South have become. I wear
> shorts in November and into December some years up here. Shorts and a
> shirt till the temperature drops to about the single digits in
celsius.

umm, Motorcycles here (remember no ice...) can easily attain 50MPH in
the
winter. I usually drive that speed. Windchill is a significant factor
thankyou verymuch.

> and I've worn a kilt and my dress jacket in weather a darn site colder
> than that and not wanted more than a nose warm... nicely provided by

And I've worn my kilt in damnable cold weather as well. Hose, Dress Coat

and other finery. Kilts and Motorcycles don't mix well.

> I suspect hot climates and oxygen thin climates etc. would result in
> troops reaching the Fatigued state (with attendant morale penalties)
> sooner. Similarly, they'd then moved to exhausted. The mechanics
already

Yep, which is why troops have to acclimate when arriving in theatre for
few weeks first. Tough if you can't spend the time too. Water intake is
1
qt per hour. The Sgt is supposed to watch you drink it. Its not a take
sips when you want to.

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -
-  No more limits on the 2nd amendment. Enforce the extant laws  -

Prev: Climate Next: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)