Prev: Re: Georgia in winter Next: SG2 Weather (was Re: Georgia in winter)

Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

From: "Conchart@g..." <conchart@geotec.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 23:01:58 -0600
Subject: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

> This happens in my VERY different timeline too, or something similar.
> However, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland actually join with Scotland,
Ireland,
> and Wales in the Celtic Confederation, B.C. joins large sections of
Oregon,
> Washington, and Northern California in the nation of Cascadia, and the

Fine up to here

> Yukon, Central Provinces, the US Plains States and the Southwest are
> returned to Native Peoples.

^This is ridiculous^ I just thought I'd stop lurking for a while
because,
quite frankly, I've read some far out sci-fi future history timelines
before, but the above takes the cake. If your going to write a timeline
atleast have it make sense. I life in the US Plains states, and lived in
the
Southwest for several years, and the ratio of red-neck idiots to Native
Peoples is about 300 to 1 in the former, and the ratio of Hispanics to
Native People in the latter is probably about the same. I can believe
the US
colapsing do to market forces or something, war, governmental
misshandling,
but returned to the Native People, that's just ridiculous. I don't know
about the situation in the Central Provinces or the Yukon, but I can
tell
you that Red-Necks love two things, cross eyed retared babies and their
homes. The Hispanics love two things, the Catholic Church, and their
homes.
If someone came up with a plan to 'return the US Plains States and the
Southwest to their owners' they'd have come through a long line of
people
who quite frankly wouldn't let them. That's like saying lets just give
Israel back to it's neighbors, with out any one bothering to think "hmm,
wonder what the Israelis will tell us to do with this idea".

Jade Tseng