Prev: Re: Basing long figures Next: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

Re: FSE Requin Class Strikeboat

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 20:57:25 -0500
Subject: Re: FSE Requin Class Strikeboat

>> Tony also mentioned that some may have found their way into
the NIS
>> inventory...

Tony quoth:
>A popular NIS variant involved replacing one SubM pack with a
class-1,
>giving the Requin's some degree of fighter protection and
helping the
>crews to not feel quite so defenceless once the packs had been
fired !

They're still defenseless.  That's why I said the "2 MT missile"
variant is the most popular with IF crews--launch from 54mu away
and you still have a reasonable prospect of surviving.
Otherwise your best tactic is to attack in a swarm, hope some
other guy happens to be the one to get the return fire, and then
run.

Of course, if you wanted to truly irritate the enemy fighter
jocks, you could build a strikeboat with no FC, no offensive
weapons, just 4 PDS.   You'd kill 3.2 fighters on average, and
the return fire would probably kill you; even if you're using
morale rules and the rest of the squadron goes home, you've lost
on that exchange, but maybe you could get your opponent
worrying.  And if you're lucky--sorry, Beth, I mean "if your
luck is good"--you might polish off one of his squadrons and
survive.

Prev: Re: Basing long figures Next: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)