Prev: Re: I have to call you on that Next: Re: Georgia in winter

Re: Was re: RFACS but diverging into philosophic ramblings about future tech...

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:44:46 PST
Subject: Re: Was re: RFACS but diverging into philosophic ramblings about future tech...

I think I've finally come up with a position on this topic that I'm
comfy
with.

I regards to the quality of systems in the gam(s) as opposed to modern
weapons systems, here's my take on it:

A Basic system..... Is the most basic system you're likely to find on
the
battlefield at that time period -- and a Superior is the most advanced.

I know, I know, stating the obvious, but really, that's what it comes
down
to. And remember that the time line presented with the games is
optional. If
you want to make your setting super-advanced, where a modern AFV would
seem
like a knight on horseback, go for it. Come up with some rules for old
antique M1A1's and Challengers that reflect the disparity. If you want
overlap, tell yourself that today's systems roughly equal the game's
Basic
systems. Knock yourself out.

Because in the long run, what matters for the game is not how advanced
the
systems are compared to today, it's how advanced they are compared to
EACH
OTHER.... Y'know, point of reference, relativity, all that jazz. Just my

$.02

Brian B