Prev: Re: [FT] Fighters Next: Looking for kaladorn

tracers and Netscape croacking on me

From: Ludo Toen <Ludo.Toen@p...>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 18:59:06 +0100
Subject: tracers and Netscape croacking on me

I had this nice reply on the tracer thread sitting ready in my outbox
when
the email part of Netscape Communicator decided to give up. Any time I
try
to use it, the whole program crashes. So it's back to some ancient
version
of Eudora, but hey it works.

So, back to tracers then. They are not made from phosphorous as many
people
think. The original poster of this thread is referring to WP, which
ignites
on coming in contact with the air. At our own Air Force training school,
the
(ground defense) instructors claim that they're made of red phosphorous.
They are nitrate compounds though. The color of the tracer being
determined
by the other chemical used in the compound. Barium and strontium being
two
of the four used.

Ludo

Prev: Re: [FT] Fighters Next: Looking for kaladorn