Prev: RE: Tis quiet.... Next: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

FSE Requin Class Strikeboat

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 20:52:30 -0800
Subject: FSE Requin Class Strikeboat

Requin (Shark) Class Strikeboat:

MASS [10]; POINT COST 10
Frag. Hull Integrity - MASS 1; POINT COST 2
Main Drive 8 - MASS 4; POINT COST 8
3 x Sub-munitions Pack - MASS 3; POINT COST 9
1 x Fire Control - MASS 1; POINT COST 4
1 x Armor - MASS 1; POINT COST 2
TOTALS - MASS 10; POINT COST 35

	In 2171, in the quiet years of the Third Solar War, FSE
shipyards
were hard pressed to keep up with both replacement needs for the war and
the new need for materials for the New French Republic rebellion.
L'Astromarine's needs for large replacement hulls dominated the capacity
of
the FSE's main shipyards. The admiralty put forth the idea of a small
inexpensive craft that could be produced locally at frontier yards to
bolster system defense forces, and thus the Requin was born. Since they
would never be separated from their supply base, resupply of their
Sub-munitions packs would not be an issue. As the war heated up again in
2177, demands for mobile strike platforms rose a level where the
admiralty
once again began to look for inexpensive solutions. The Requin, now a
proven design, was in plentiful supply at several outworld colonies and
quick solution for strike-boat operations. Though used infrequently,
they
would end up making a difference against the Kra'Vak in the Xeno War.

;-) Schoon

Prev: RE: Tis quiet.... Next: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)