Prev: Re: Roughnecks Next: Re: Tracer

Tracer

From: Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay <kaladorn@h...>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 00:55:10 -0500
Subject: Tracer

Someone (Brendan) said all tracer was the same colour.... I dunno about
that. Though I can't impute your logic (Tracers, AFAIK, use phosphorus,
and all phosphorus should be about the same shade of
yellowy-whitey-orange), I have seen SFX on TV shows for tracer that were
green... and they weren't CGI. Some sort of projectile that looked like
a tracer, but with a greenish tinge. I'm actually sure phosphorus isn't
the only chemical that will react with air so I presume other options
would be possible.... I just don't imagine common. It'd depend on what
you had at hand I'd guess.

I'm not even going to try to bring this OT by asking what colour tracer
is in 2183. That'd be too feeble. I'll just accept this as a brief OT
diversion and return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Tom B

"Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of Darkness

Homepage: http:\\fox.ntsn.ca\~kaladorn\index.html
ICQ: 58316640 (Tomin8tor)

"Ah. I see. Inform me if there is any change in his condition."
<hangs up the phone>
"How is he?"
"He's dead."
-- The movie Top Secret