Prev: RE: SG II: Flame vs. armor Next: Re: DSII motorcycles/grav bikes

Re: Georgia in winter

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 17:17:08 PST
Subject: Re: Georgia in winter

Ah, the wonders of mild, middle-of-the-road climates.... one of the
things I
miss about my home in Oregon is the fact that it seldom got much colder
than
40 F, and seldom much hotter than 85 or so.... of course, our small
token to
the gods was putting up with rain that would make Noah edgy... though we

didn't have much in the way of meterological catastrophes either...

Brian B

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@arcadia.turner.com>
Subject: RE: Was re: RFACS but diverging into philosophic ramblings
about future tech...

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Robertson, Brendan wrote:

 > Not really.
 > Someone could always press the SMITE button & melt all the snow; but
you
 > might start glowing at night.

Or he could move here where it was 67¡F and had a cloudless blue sky. I
rode the bike to work today, as I did yesterday. Georgia in the winter
(what many people would call spring or fall) is so wonderful...

</gloat>

** Is that plus or minus Tornados? And I'll bet in the summer it gets
*real* hot. See, the nice thing about life above the 49th Parallel (I
think that's the right one... though that could be the northern one...)
is that the summers are (except for 3-4 weeks at the hottest) quite
bearable. Fall and Spring are awesome seasons. We don't get many floods,
we get few earth tremors (Canadian Shield and all) and we don't get too
many Tornados, and pretty much zero in the realm of Typhoons, Tropical
Storms, and Hurricanes. All in all, we shouldn't complain about a wee
bit of snow. I'll cut Adrian some slack... he has a little more
difficulty with big piles of snow than most of us... but mostly Canada
is just about the best place to live.... (although the Aussie claim of
not owning a greatcoat or any sort of significant jacket certainly does
make one think twice on a Cold freezin-ass Ontario evening...).

You go ride your bike and enjoy your 67 F. When it hits 107 in the
summer, then we'll talk about how nice it is up here in the land of the
Mukluk and the Igloo.... ;)

Tom

"Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of Darkness

Homepage: http:\\fox.ntsn.ca\~kaladorn\index.html
ICQ: 58316640 (Tomin8tor)

"Ah. I see. Inform me if there is any change in his condition."
<hangs up the phone>
"How is he?"
"He's dead."
-- The movie Top Secret

Prev: RE: SG II: Flame vs. armor Next: Re: DSII motorcycles/grav bikes