Prev: Re: DSII motorcycles/grav bikes Next: RE: Was re: RFACS but diverging into philosophic ramblings about future tech...

Re: DSII Cavalry

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:49:41 PST
Subject: Re: DSII Cavalry

Since I've already added WAY more than most people want to hear to the
cavalry debate, I may as well run with it.  Bear in mind ground scale.
I'm
sure within that are under the element's base, there's plenty of room to

keep the horsies out of the way. Furthermore, most military cavalry
mounts,
throughout the centuries, were better trained to not panic under fire
than
regular horses. Not to mention, with the assumed advances in personal
body
armor protection, I'm sure they could make the horses as well-protected
as
the men with little addition to the weight it bears.

Another related question: In the rulebook, we're told to feel free to
try a
mounted cavalry charge into close combat. Has anyone ever worked on
modifiers for that? It has to be pretty hairy for both sides involved...

Brian B