Prev: High technology Next: Re: Strike Boats...

RE: SG II: Flame vs. armor

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:29:56 -0500
Subject: RE: SG II: Flame vs. armor

That is unless the tanker has his head sticking out of the tank. But,
let's
not start that thread again.

In a future battlefield that relies on sensors, flame attacks that stick
the AFV might temporarily blind it. It also may be used in conjunction
with
heat-seeking weapons. Or if the fire produces more smoke than fire.
Other
than that I don't see a lot of use.

CFE may be susceptible to the "engine overheating" or "oxygen
starvation"
from sticky-flame attacks, but HMTs (Fuel Cell) or FGPs (Fusion) should
be
fairly immune.

Another attack along the same lines may include "paint" grenades that
spread
a opaque, radar absorbing or reflecting paint over the target obscuring
its
sensors. I believe that someone on the list suggested this late last
year,
but I forget both who and when.

-----
Brian Bell