Prev: Re: Roughnecks Next: Re: Very new to this

Re: Strike Boats...

From: Tony Francis <tony@g...>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:22:57 +0000
Subject: Re: Strike Boats...

Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> >...the tug + sublight strikeboat option will give you fewer
strikeboats
> >and weaker supporting warships than the non-tug warship + FTL
> >strikeboat option does. As you pointed out earlier, strikeboats need
> >numbers to be effective.
>
> Huh? My comment was about trying to make the smallest possible
package, not
> necessarily the most cost efficient.

I second this wholeheartedly ... there's more to playing FT than
designing the
most efficient fleet possible. This discussion about using strikeboats
and
tenders (or battleriders and tenders if you make larger versions) is
about
exploring another variation on FT's many themes, not necessarily about
designing an uber-fleet.

Tony

Prev: Re: Roughnecks Next: Re: Very new to this