Prev: RE: Ummm... actually... Next: Fun at Cons

RE: RFACs - the bruhaha continues

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 07:11:47 -0500
Subject: RE: RFACs - the bruhaha continues

This would also get my vote.
However, I would probabily limit the FP vs. Infantry to d12

Another option for RFAC & GAC (MDC) would be to give them both a FP of
d12
and the die for the fire control system (for all sizes) when used
against
infantry. This way there is still some advantage to having a better FCS.
As
critics will have already noted, there would not be any advantage for
larger
guns (class 2, 3, ...). My thinking would be that larger guns would be
heavier and less agile in thier firing mount than a gun of a smaller
size
(class 1). This also explains why, while better than a SAW/APSW, they
are
not grossly better. Also, if this rule is used, then I would suggest
that
the vehicle NOT get the "free" APSW if they have a RFAC or GAC (MDC) of
class 1 or 2.

Anyway, just an idea.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/gzg/
-----

[snip]
> ** I liked your suggestion of giving RFAC/1, 2 and GAC/1,2 (MDCs for
DS2
> crowd) have d12 FP (at least...) and impact of d10 (x size) for RFACs
> and d12 x class for MDCs. Only for the small rapid fire variants, but
> that would nicely make them capable vs. infantry.
[snip]

Prev: RE: Ummm... actually... Next: Fun at Cons