Prev: Re: Strike Boats... Next: Re: Strike Boats...

RE: RFACS

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 15:21:35 +1000
Subject: RE: RFACS

Hmm, this is too deceptively simple!!

The idea of the extra die to reflect a REALLY MAJOR hit I find quite
appealing to, say, Size 1 and 2 RFAC/GAC/MDC weapons. And it really is a
simple resolution!

I'm also tending to think that a vehicle weapon should pretty much
suppress
an infantry squad simply by firing in its general direction! Not
forgetting
that an Action of firing the weapon is likely not just a single burst of
fire but 30 seconds to two or three minutes of fire! Now that IS a lot
of
lead....Cyclic Rate Of Fire of 600 to 800 RPM? Bursts of 5 to 20
rounds....
hmm, not looking healthy.

I'd like to playtest this a bit.

Owen G