Prev: 25mm Trucks--correction Next: Re: [FT] Repair hull?

Re: RFACS

From: RWHofrich@a...
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 21:54:51 EST
Subject: Re: RFACS

In a message dated 2/13/00 7:22:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
baqrt@mta.ca
writes:

> Brian Bilderback wrote:
>  > I have to agree with good Mr. Barclay on this one.  Making RFAC's
and
> small
>  > MDC's more effective vs PBI's while retaining their usefulness vs.
> vehicles
>  > seems like a step forward, not a step back.
>
>  Agreed. In fact, I was recently flipping through my SGII rulebook,
when
>  I came across an interesting note. In the sample ESU force given in
the
>  rulebook (p. 69), it mentions the "VK20 Assault Cannon (20mm)" as an
>  "RFAC/1 for PA suits." The VK20 is given a FIREPOWER of D10 and
Impact
>  of D12. The use of FP instead of Firecontrol implies that it might be
>  usable as an anti-infantry weapon, and FPD10/Impact D12 is certainly
>  more than the "standard" values which have been quoted so far. Of
>  course, it may be just a typo (not that there are any typos in GZG
>  rulebooks...) but it also might mean that the RFAC/1 (and similar)
are
>  more effective against infantry than implied in the Heavy Weapons
>  section of the rulebook.
>
>  I would certainly be willing to just go with that example and give
the
>  RFAC/1 D10/D12 vs. infantry- at least if it seems reasonable to
everyone
> else....
>
>  -Brian Quirt

Actually, I propose another approach to this problem--

All rapid-fire heavy weapons (RFAC-1 and possibly -2, DFFG-1, GAC/MDC-1
and
-2)  get to do the following vs Dispersed targest:

Roll FC die and Unit Quality and d10.

If one success, suppression.
If two success, d8 Impact vs (two highest rolls added divided by target
defensive die type).
If three success, normal weapon point target impact vs one figure and d8

impact vs remainder (number of hits same as usual except you add the
three
dice together instead of two dice).

This would make the weapons nasty--yet not quite THAT nasty (you still
get
your armor throw after all--however pitiful that may be).

Ideas, comments?

Rob

ps--I haven't really been following this thread too closely, so if I'm
just
bringin up stuff that's already seen the light of day and been shot all
hell, please disregard.

Prev: 25mm Trucks--correction Next: Re: [FT] Repair hull?