Prev: Re: Strike Boats... Next: RFACS

Re: Cop out...

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 09:55:10 PST
Subject: Re: Cop out...

Well, since I'm the one who tossed some of those ideas, I might as well
be a
man about it and do some math... (ARGH! I HATE Math!)

Currently, an RFAC costs 5x its class. That means an RFAC 2 is 10
points. If
it's the largest weapon on the vehicle (Like on a Bradley type vehicle),
and
the Fire Control is Superior, add another 12 points. APSW's cost 4
points
each. The rules I proposed would make RFAC 2's much more powerful, but
RFAC
1's would only really benefit a very close ranges.  My suggestion is to
cost
them the same as HVC's.  It's difficult to compare the two weapons,
since
their classes don't overlap. However, vs vehicles they have similar
damage
validities, and while  RFAC's would now be more powerful vs infantry,
they
are still outranged by the heavier HVC's.

Therefore, let's try this: if you use the house rules I suggested for
increased deadliness of RFAC's vs infantry in DS II, the RFAC's should
cost
8 x class of the weapon.

Brian Bilderback

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud